Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Nurses' Emblem


" Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence ,then, is not an act but a habit." These were the words from the Greek philosopher Aristotle once coined.

We are all neophytes when we started our nursing career. If not all, majority of us had sweaty foreheads and palms on the first day of work as a newbie nurse. Although we are armed with an arsenal of knowledge from the academe, theory alone is not enough to deliver the holy grail of nursing which is quality patient care.

Every nurse aspires to deliver quality nursing care and Benner's theory on nursing attests that this is immensely attainable. None of us begun as experts in the nursing profession but we gain knowledge and experience through time.


The following are the stages of Clinical Competence according to Benner. Stage 1 Novice: Novices have a very limited ability to predict what might happen in a particular patient. Stage 2 Advanced Beginner: they have the knowledge and the know-how but not enough in-depth experience. Stage 3 Competent: competent nurses recognize patterns and nature of clinical situations more quickly and accurately than advance beginner. Stage 4 Proficient: Nurses are capable to see situations as whole rather than parts. Stage 5 Expert: Nurses recognize demands and resources in situation to attain goals. Focus is on the relevant problems and not irrelevant ones.


Overall, Benner’s theory revolutionized the essence of being the expert nurse who is not the one with the top-paying job, but the individual who is equipped with ample knowledge and experience necessary to attain quality patient care. Furthermore, the theory also demonstrates that past experiences hone us to become an excellent care provider, the expert nurse.


20 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

      Delete
  2. I have been a herpes carrier for 2 years and I tried every possible means
    of curing but all of no useful until I saw a health promotion on a
    herbalist from Africa who prepares herbal medicines to cure all sorts of
    diseases including cancer and many others sickness, I first doubted It was
    not true but decided to try, when I contacted this herbal physician via his
    email, I purchased herpes herbal medicine and received it within 7 days
    and used it as prescribed, I tested negative within 3 weeks of use, do not
    lose hope to contact him early If you need help, am convinced he can help you too,
    He is also special in curing 1.
    HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6. DIABETES 7. HUMAN
    PAPILLOMAVIRUS DISEASE(HPV) 8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or Lupus Eratosthenes)ETC,,,,,, You can also visit his website:
    http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com
     email him on dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. https://dynamichealthstaff.com/nursing-jobs-in-germany-for-indian-nurses

    ReplyDelete